If you’re looking for a delicious and impressive dessert to serve at your next gathering, look no further than this mouthwatering Lemon Coconut Cake recipe. This cake is the perfect combination of tangy lemon and sweet coconut, creating a light and luscious treat that will have your guests coming back for seconds.
The cake itself is moist and tender, thanks to the addition of canned coconut milk and shredded coconut. The lemon flavor comes from both the zest and juice of fresh lemons, giving the cake a bright and refreshing taste. The finishing touch is a simple lemon glaze, which adds an extra burst of citrus flavor and a beautiful, shiny finish to the cake.
This Lemon Coconut Cake is perfect for any occasion, whether you’re hosting a summer barbecue, a brunch with friends, or even just a family dinner. It’s sure to be a crowd-pleaser, and the best part is that it’s easy to make! So, let’s get started on this delicious recipe.
For the cake:
– 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
– 1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut
– 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
– 1/2 tsp baking soda
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 1 cup canned coconut milk
– 1/2 cup vegetable oil
– 3 large eggs
– Zest of 2 lemons
– 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the glaze:
– 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
– 2-3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
– 1/4 cup shredded sweetened coconut, for garnish
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 9-inch round cake pan and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, shredded coconut, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, vegetable oil, eggs, lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla extract.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Be careful not to overmix, as this can result in a tough cake.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
6. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
7. While the cake is baking, prepare the glaze by whisking together the confectioners’ sugar and lemon juice until smooth.
8. When the cake is done, remove it from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Then, carefully remove the cake from the pan and transfer it to a wire rack.
9. Drizzle the lemon glaze over the top of the warm cake, allowing it to soak in and set.
10. Sprinkle the shredded coconut over the glaze for a decorative touch.
11. Allow the cake to cool completely before slicing and serving.
Now you have a beautiful and delicious Lemon Coconut Cake that is sure to impress your friends and family. The combination of tangy lemon and sweet coconut is a winning one, and the moist and tender texture of the cake makes it absolutely irresistible. Whether you serve it for dessert at your next gathering or enjoy it with a cup of tea for an afternoon treat, this cake is sure to be a hit.
If you enjoyed this Lemon Coconut Cake, you might also like to try these other delicious recipes:
1. Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake
– This moist and flavorful cake is studded with juicy blueberries and infused with the bright, zesty flavor of lemon. It’s a perfect dessert for spring and summer gatherings.
2. Coconut Lime Cupcakes
– These light and fluffy cupcakes are packed with coconut flavor and topped with a tangy lime buttercream frosting. They’re a tropical treat that’s perfect for any occasion.
3. Lemon Coconut Bars
– These easy-to-make bars are a delightful combination of sweet and tangy, with a buttery coconut crust and a luscious lemon filling. They’re a great make-ahead dessert for parties or potlucks.
4. Lemon Coconut Loaf
– This simple yet delicious loaf cake is perfect for enjoying with a cup of coffee or tea. It’s packed with lemon and coconut flavor and has a tender, moist crumb.
5. Coconut Lemon Cheesecake
– For a decadent and impressive dessert, try this creamy coconut and lemon cheesecake. It’s the perfect way to end a special meal and is sure to wow your guests.
Image by Pixabay
“The adventure of life is to learn. The purpose of life is to grow. The nature of life is to change. The challenge of life is to overcome. The essence of life is to care. The opportunity of like is to serve. The secret of life is to dare. The spice of life is to befriend. The beauty of life is to give.” —William Arthur Ward